Humans eat fruit and vegetables apart from their non-vegetable food and these foods (vegetable/fruits and etc) are an important part of a healthy diet. These foods contain various chemical compounds, such as carbohydrates, proteins, sugars and vitamins. which are essential for the growth and health of human body.
Plants like vegetable and fruits naturally and inherently contain various harmful or toxic substances in purpose of protecting themselves from any kind of harms like insects or disease like things. But this toxic substances can harmful to humans as well as the harmful organism or particles on the that plants.
Being natural and inherited doesn’t mean that it won’t be harmful. Rather these are harmful to people those who eat this kind of food.
Natural toxic substances which are found in foods are :
- Glycoalkaloids such as solanine which can be found in potatoes and tomatine in raw tomatoes.
- Nitrates found in vegetables
- Gyromitrin found in false morels
- Lectins found in beans
- Coumarin found in cinnamon
- Biogenic amines found in fruits and vegetables
- Cyanoglycosides found in fruit seeds and stones and in cassava.